What are the Vocational Pathways?
The Vocational Pathways are a new tool that provides a clear framework for vocational options, support better programme design and careers advice, and improve the links between education and employment.
They are the product of a partnership between government agencies, the industry training sector, secondary and tertiary education representatives, and industry and employer representatives.
There are six pathways which represent new ways to structure and achieve NCEA level 2 and provide a more coherent framework for foundation vocational education and training. The pathways will help students to develop their own individual education plan, so they are better informed and able to make better choices to meet their goals.
There are a range of tools you can use to help plan and design your programmes and help students to plan their future career opportunities.
Vocational Pathways booklet - for students, employers and education, Mar 2014 (PDF)
Vocational Pathways - Information for Employers, Mar 2014 (PDF)
Sector related flyers
- Primary Industries
- Services Industries
- Social & Community Services
- Manufacturing & Technology
- Construction & Infrastructure
- Creative Industries
Vocational Pathways Award and Profile announcement, July 2013(PDF, 348 KB)
Download the Vocational Pathways materials (PDF, 500kb)
Information for students, parents, whanau, aiga (PDF, 570kb)
Information for education providers and industry (PDF, 202kb)
- Guidelines to using the Vocational Pathways logo
- Vocational Pathways wheel
- Vocational Pathways logo with no byline (.zip, 6.1 Mb) Contains: .ai, CMYK, .eps, .jpg, .pdf, .png files.
- Vocational Pathways logo with byline (.zip, 6.2 Mb) Contains: .ai, CMYK, .eps, .jpg, .pdf, .png files.
- Pathway logos, Construction, Creative, Manufacturing, Primary, Services, Social (.zip, 6.6 Mb) Contains CMYK, .eps, .jpg, .pdf, .png files.